*We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely*
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Boston, Toronto, Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com
Do you have expert level of software engineering skills with Java or Scala? Do you have strong experience with messaging patterns and streaming architectures using Apache Kafka? Then you could be Lookout's Staff Software Engineer with ability to work remotely.
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to drive, contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building out a scalable and high volume Ingestion and Query Platform.
- Design and implement large scale, low latency microservices, including discovering and solving complex issues at scale.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- You will work extensively with a variety of streaming and search/query services, running on a Kafka backbone, and with a variety of stateful stores like Elasticsearch, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redis at Lookout.
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby, Java and Scala, on the AWS Cloud.
What we’re looking for:
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- Has previously designed, and implemented microservice architectures at scale, messaging patterns and streaming architectures.
- Experience leading and mentoring team members in a technical capacity.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- We are going multi-cloud soon, so experience with both AWS and GCP will be huge!
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Experience with functional programming using Scala.
- Experience with serverless architectures on AWS, like AWS Lambda.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, Redis, Aurora.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Big Table, Big Query, CloudSQL.
- DevOps/SecOps along with experience tuning and maintaining large scale data stores like Elasticsearch, Scylla etc.