Sales Engineer - Japan at Lookout
What will you do?
- You will assist Sales with pipeline generation and development
- You will create deep ongoing relationships at multiple levels within customer and partner organizations. This will include working on multi-year contracts with reputable named organizations in the region
- You will represent customer interests internally, most importantly balancing Lookout’s interests with that of the customer
- You will assimilate customer requirements and provide input to the design and development decision making process
- You will assist with the launch of new products and services into the local market
- You will deliver technical training to Lookout’s partners when required
- You will maintain an awareness of the competition and position the capabilities of Lookout Security products with the customer to define RFP requirements
- You will aid in the response to RFIs and RFPs in a timely and professional manner
- You will assist technically with Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts in customer environments
- You will communicate customer requirements and competitive data, including feature needs, and value proposition to the product and marketing teams and senior management
- You will provide input to senior management on go-to-market strategies
- You will work with post-sales functions to ensure successful customer deployments
- You will build the Lookout Security brand by representing and / or presenting at seminars and conferences
- A solid system/sales engineer with excellent relevant experience, strong ties with customers and a positive reputation for delivery.
- Ideally 5+ years of direct sales engineering experience with customers in the Japan region.
- Experience in some or all of mobility, endpoint security, cloud / SaaS
- Experience with working with large mobile carriers, system integrators and security partners.
- Experience of delivering complex projects - new service or product delivery
- Focus on continuous improvement and service delivery to large customers
- Experience or knowledge of mobile app development is a benefit
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to boil down complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages
- Willingness to build your own knowledge of mobile security and to present Lookout’s thought leadership into the market.
- Proven hands-on technical experience that can translate into delivery of customer facing live demos
- Confidence and gravitas when representing Lookout on technical panels and delivering presentations to prospective customers
- Great organizational skills with a desire to take ownership, self-manage and priorities accordingly.
- Ability to plan and execute on technical sales strategies and communicate effectively on results
- Excellent analytical skills and a creative approach to solving customer problems.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
What do we offer?
- The chance to be a part of a great team and make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace