*We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely*
As a Sr. Staff Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. We're looking for senior engineers who have experience building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test-driven development, automation wherever possible, and all sorts of other things to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that acquires and analyses domains/web content for the purpose of classification and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
Do you have exceptionally good software development skills with Java or Scala? Are you able to demonstrate strong expertise with data structures and algorithms? Do you have experience with API design and low latency solutions? Then you could be Lookout's Sr. Staff Software Engineer with ability to work remotely
What you’ll do:
- Develop elegant, scalable, robust, and maintainable code for best-in-class security services, using Java, and/or Scala.
- Work closely with our Security Research teams to develop the tools that support our most critical research initiatives and content development workflows.
- Resolve bugs and conduct code fixes
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Lead by example, demonstrating software craftsmanship and best practices
- 12+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed. production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Strong development background in Java and/or Scala.
- Experience in developing, planning, and executing RESTful web services and/or stream message processing systems.
- Experience working with SQL DBs (MySQL, Postgres) in the context of web services, with a big plus for candidates who also have NoSQL DB experience (Bigtable, Redis)
- Discipline for testing and automation - unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing
- Collaborative attitude, with an interest in growing a strong engineering team and culture: everything from hiring great people, to mentoring junior engineers, to fine-tuning process as necessary
- Stellar communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Experience with AWS primitives such as Redis, NLB, DynamoDB, Arora and SWF.
- Experience with GCP primitives such as BigTable, BigQuery is a plus.
- Experience with building secure systems
- Fault tolerance and self-healing systems