Comet is doing for Machine Learning what GitHub did for software. We allow data science teams to automagically track their datasets, code changes, experimentation history and production models creating efficiency, transparency, and reproducibility. Ever wondered how Linus felt when he invented GIT? How about the brains behind JIRA? Machine Learning teams operate like software teams 15 years ago and we started Comet.ml to write the rules of ML workflows and teams.
You’re welcome here
Working in a fast dynamic startup is challenging and lots of fun. We are looking for people who want to make an impact with their roles and decisions. If you are excited about pushing code that will change the way data scientists work all over the world, this is the right place for you. Comet.ml is backed by major VCs and we’re looking to expand our team. This role can be based in our NYC SoHo office, Tel-Aviv (Israel) or remote.
Comet.ml is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Sales will build and scale a market-leading global sales team. You are an adept coach, team builder with a proven track record scaling sales teams. As a seller you are capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, VP of AI, Managers of AI, and all types of Data Scientist. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client’s business model benefits from partnering with Comet. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business. Key responsibilities include:
- Define and implement operational metrics, KPIs and other measurements of success that measure, optimize and continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of sales programs, tactics, and strategy
- Identify customer segments, develop repeatable sales motions, determine approach into new markets and be the cornerstone of feedback from the customer to the company
- Recruit, develop, and retain top talent providing career development and performance management so that at least 75% exceed quota and we experience no more than 10% regrettable attrition. This includes building a team of Account Executives, Sales Development Representatives, and Sales Engineers
- Be a hands-on leader who can evangelize the product in front of customers and drive larger deals when necessary
- Analyze and report on business metrics to ensure growth and profitability, trend identification, staffing needs, and training needs
- Expand sales within existing customers by identifying new upsell / cross-sell opportunities
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Test and experiment with sales strategies to fill our pipeline with opportunities and dramatically improve our growth rate - overall and LTV per customer
- Work with cross-functionally with Marketing and Product to maximize team success - from campaigns and content to informing the product roadmap to meet sales needs
- Experience scaling a high-growth B2B software organization from ~$5m to $20m+ ARR
- SaaS/cloud selling experience into highly technical buyers within organizations (Data scientists, machine learning scientists at all levels preferred)
- 6+ years experience in sales management and handling yearly team quotas of $10mm+ (preferably at an API or enterprise software company)
- Proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and scaling world class enterprise sales teams that includes AEs, SDRs, Sales Engineers,
- Experience in, and perspectives on, both sales-led and self-serve (Product Led Growth) GTM teams
- Proven track record of closing annual contracts across customer segments and sizes (including experience closing annual contracts of at least $100k/year)
- Strategic thinker that has the ability to build a holistic go-to-market strategy and execute it into a repeatable sales model
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Player/coach mentality - roll up the sleeves revenue driver
- Highly analytical and data-driven with a modern view on sales programs, technologies, and philosophies
- Operational and performance driven mindset
- Smart, strategic, dynamic thinker with intellectual horsepower to oversee evolving GTM.
- Humble, collaborative, natural leader who can motivate the team and work cross-functionally.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character