Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
Lookout’s Cloud Platform Engineering Team is transforming how Lookout Engineering teams build and deliver products. The team's vision is to enable innovation and delight our fellow engineers and customers by providing a low friction, high quality continuous delivery platform. As a Manager managing the Cloud Operational Infrastructure organization you will play a pivotal role enabling Lookout Engineering teams to rapidly build, deliver and run global products and services at scale. You will be responsible for hiring and building up this team focused on building and managing operational infrastructure used across engineering organizations in our AWS and GCP environments.
- You will be responsible for hiring and building up this newly formed team responsible for operational infrastructure for centralized logging such as ELK infrastructure, authentication and authorization systems for engineering teams - Active Directory/Okta in AWS and some GCP environments.
- Manage a team of engineers, supporting their development with technical, product, and strategic mentorship
- Collaborate with product leadership to develop Lookout’s long-term product roadmap and work with product managers and architects to define and execute on new products
- Provide both technical and product leadership, ensuring high quality in both areas
- Evaluate new technologies and methodologies for integration
- Conduct code reviews and ensure high programming standards; troubleshoot, analyze the root cause issues in the platform
- Evaluate existing systems to evolve them for serving in specialized circumstances
- Fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties
- Interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Internal customer outreach, advocacy, and support
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- 3+ years of Engineering-Management experience, effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people with a proven track record
- Experience running and managing ELK or other centralized logging systems
- 5+ years experience of software development in Devops or related area
- 5+ years experience with designing, building and operating large-scale distributed systems
- 4-5+ years experience with automation programming in Python, Java, Ruby or similar scripting language
- Solid experience in architecting, implementing, tuning, and debugging large enterprise cloud deployments
- Agile development with continuous integration, delivery, and deployment of SaaS services (CI/CD)
- Experience developing on Public-Cloud (e.g., AWS, GCP) while utilizing modern technologies
- Deep understanding of critical software design concepts, Object-oriented design and development skills for high-volume production applications.
- Highly organized with superb execution skills in the development and deployment of enterprise cloud delivered applications
- Hands on management style in working with various feature teams, agile delivery negotiations, capacity, and roadmap planning.
- Ability to mentor and grow a top tier engineering leadership team
- Strong experience with infrastructure designing, automation and orchestration
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with ELK
- Experience with Active Directory/LDAP and Okta
- Understanding and working experience in AWS/GCP
- AWS/GCP certification is nice to have