Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
Lookout’s Cloud Platform Engineering Team is transforming how Lookout Engineering teams build and deliver products. The team's vision is to enable innovation and delight our fellow engineers and customers by providing a low friction, high quality continuous delivery platform. As a Manager managing the Shared Services and Tools organization you will play a pivotal role enabling Lookout Engineering teams to rapidly build, deliver and run global products and services at scale. You will be responsible for hiring and building up this team focused on building and managing shared services, frameworks and libraries used across engineering organizations and building developer and platform enablement tools or for AWS and GCP.
- You will be responsible for hiring and building up this newly formed team responsible for shared frameworks, libraries and services that are used across the engineering organization Examples of frameworks are - Lookout’s play framework, Nginx proxy framework, Feature flag frameworks, various Java, Scala, Ruby libraries used across teams to run in AWS and GCP environments. In addition, this team will develop, own and run some shared services and build tools for making improvements in the platform and developer productivity
- Manage a small team of engineers, supporting their development with technical, product, and strategic mentorship
- Being able to jump into coding as and when needed
- Collaborate with product leadership to develop Lookout’s long-term product roadmap and Work with product managers and architects to define and execute on new products
- Provide both technical and product leadership, ensuring high quality in both areas
- Evaluate new technologies and methodologies for integration
- Conduct code reviews and ensure high programming standards; troubleshoot, analyze the root cause issues in the platform
- Evaluate existing systems to evolve them for serving in specialized circumstances
- Fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties
- Interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Internal customer outreach, advocacy, and support
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- 3+ years of Engineering-Management experience, effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people with a proven track record
- 5+ years experience of software development in languages JVM languages like Java or Scala
- 5+ years experience with designing, building and operating large-scale distributed systems on AWS and/or GCP using microservices
- 5+ years experience with programming in Java, Scala, Ruby or similar languages
- Solid experience in architecting, implementing, tuning, and debugging large enterprise cloud deployments
- Agile development with continuous integration, delivery, and deployment of SaaS services (CI/CD)
- Experience developing on Public-Cloud (e.g., AWS, GCP) while utilizing modern technologies
- Deep understanding of critical software design concepts, Object-oriented design and development skills for high-volume production applications.
- Highly organized with superb execution skills in the development and deployment of enterprise cloud delivered applications
- Hands on management style in working with various feature teams, agile delivery negotiations, capacity, and roadmap planning.
- Ability to mentor and grow a top tier engineering leadership team
- Strong experience with infrastructure designing, automation and orchestration
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Scala, Play Framework
- Experience with Nginx
- Understanding and working experience in AWS/GCP
- AWS/GCP certification is nice to have