We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
In 2020, Boundless acquired RapidVisa to become the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams. After four years of policy headwinds, we are at an inflection point, projecting to grow 3-4x every year through the Biden administration and become the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential early-stage venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, Emerson Collective, and are well-capitalized for our upcoming growth.
We imagine a future where any immigrant, at any stage of their immigration journey, can benefit from our immigration expertise, community of immigrants, and network of strategic partners. Achieving this vision at a venture-growth pace requires rapid expansion of our suite of products and services, go-to-market capabilities, global expertise, and track record of customer success.
As our Director, Corporate Development, you will lead the acceleration of our growth through acquisitions, working closely with a team of former investors, consultants, and investment bankers. You will play a critical role in all stages of the opportunity lifecycle, from sourcing through acquisition integration, and lead diligence and execution across a diverse range of service, tech, and talent acquisition opportunities.
This role will involve periods of independent contributor work (i.e. research, external conversations, business due diligence, content creation), as well as cross-functional collaboration (technical due diligence, stakeholder alignment, acquisition integration). You will report into our VP, Finance & Strategy, and work hand-in-hand with our Founder & CEO.
During your first six months in this role, you will:
- Learn our space: Deep dive into adjacent immigration service opportunities including employer/student-sponsored immigration, international immigration, value-added services, and legal tech
- Learn our business: Develop an understanding of our org strengths, core competencies, and gaps; learn our history, especially the acquisition and integration of our transformative acquisition of RapidVisa
- Prepare to move fast: Develop process playbooks so we can move quickly through diligence and closing processes
- Refine our criteria: ensure we apply the right filters as we evaluate acquisition opportunities with different G2M capabilities and org strengths
- Source, research & recommend: Source and research new opportunities; make recommendations about deal structure, valuation, integration plans
- Due diligence: Lead due diligence efforts for acquisition targets, including all business due diligence and coordination of third party due diligence processes (i.e. legal, accounting/tax, etc.)
- Build an investment case: Prepare internal / BOD memos articulating acquisition or opportunity highlights, risks, and recommendations
- Direct our financial model: Develop a perspective on our acquisition financial model, marrying our operating plan with a viewpoint on financial performance and synergies
- Facilitate conversations: Lead internal and external conversations to bring stakeholders up to speed, discuss key issues/blockers, obtain expert opinions, obtain buy-in, and achieve alignment on valuation and integration/operating plans
Within a year, you will:
- Drive deal terms: Provide recommendations on valuation and negotiation strategy, review definitive agreements
- Close on one or multiple acquisitions: Coordinate closing processes, including completion of third party due diligence, coordination of new employment packages, removal of closing conditions, funds flow, measure and report on success and learnings
- Craft investor materials: Evolve our equity fundraise materials to reflect progress against our strategic goals and evolution of our growth opportunity
- Integrate one or multiple acquisitions: Project manage integration of acquisitions, including personally leading key integration activities (i.e. recruiting of new critical talent or taking on interim product/program management roles)
- Lead the implementation of Boundless or target co best practices across both organizations
- Experience in banking, investing, and/or corporate strategy roles (corporate development, venture capital, private equity, consulting, and/or investment banking). Experience closing on acquisitions is required for this role
- Big-picture visionary thinker with ability to get your hands dirty, drill into the details, and ask great questions
- Crisp written and verbal communication for external (e.g. Board, investors, banks) and internal (e.g. prioritization, brainstorming, alignment) audiences
- Excellent business judgment with a strong grasp of numbers and natural ability to help various stakeholders find common ground
- Ability to operate confidently with little direction
- ~10% travel expected
- Motivated by responsibility and impact