Pluto’s mission is to help humanity transcend physical location. To achieve our mission, we're pushing the boundaries of spatial computing with a focus on software, open standards, community and accessibility. We develop software services that include remote XR streaming, XR multi apps and a core spatial telepresence platform. We are in an extraordinary position and are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about advancing the future of VR and AR.
You can learn more about our tech stack here.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, test and deploy high-performance mobile and wearable AR, VR and XR experiences, including an Android-based client for Plutosphere
- Use open standards, including OpenXR, to target new AR and VR devices
- Collaborate with Product Management, User Experience, and other stakeholders to understand and address user needs.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile development environment using scrum methodologies
- Push the boundaries of the XR industry
- 5+ years experience developing Android applications
- 2+ years developing AR/VR/XR applications or equivalent high-performance, real-time mobile applications
- Experience developing against low level graphics APIs
- Experience with parallel programming
Nice to have
- General familiarity with OpenXR
- General familiarity with 3D Graphics
- Experience with C++
- Experience developing against the Oculus SDK
- General familiarity with CloudXR
- Experience with Shader Languages (HLSL/GLSL, Metal Shaders) and writing custom shaders
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, Godot or similar development framework
- Experience with application performance profiling and optimization
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Competitive base salary
- A healthy, friendly, positive and collaborative engineering culture (we are big believers in pair programming)
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% medical coverage for you and 50% for your dependents
- 401K match
- Quarterly wellness benefit
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Education budget and career-growth opportunities
Everyone is welcome to apply
Discrimination has no place here. We don’t just say that; we live it. Pluto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We work diligently to make all employment decisions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other personal status, including but not limited to those protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.