Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
Educative is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to lead our research, planning, and outbound marketing activities for our core product– Educative Learning– and our weekly course launches. You’ll be responsible for launching our courses, paths, assessments, and features in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales to individual learners. This is a critical role that requires the ability to work cross-functionally with product leaders in our organization and marketing leaders who will promote your courses.
Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products.
- Lead our go-to-market activities for our weekly course launches.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and trusted advisor as to how current and future Educative customer’s needs impact our product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and collateral
- Research our competitors to understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Influence the courses our content team creates based on opportunities in our catalog and strengths in our library.
- Conduct keyword analysis that drives SEO to our landing pages.
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Follow and analyze market trends to position courses and paths.
- Develop product marketing strategies with other marketers (pricing, advertising, product launching, email/marketing automation)
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels
- Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies
- Test marketing product features, releases, and ad copy
- Evaluate launches using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Grow your business leadership skillset: this role offers the opportunity to be highly influential across all aspects of Educative’s business and will work closely with the head of marketing. The right candidate will be excited about the opportunity to rigorously provide the strategy and inform the most important decisions we make to drive sustained customer engagement with our company.
- At least 3 years of experience in B2C content marketing, preferably SaaS or other technology.
- You excel at translating abstract technical concepts into clear written content.
- You have a strong grasp of SEO best practices
- You have experience using a tool like Google Analytics to track success metrics for a website
- You work well with ambiguity and do not need instructions to be successful. You are able to take full ownership of a project.
- To see your work through to publication and distribution, you’ll need a strong grasp of how to manage stakeholders. You will need to understand the roles and motivations of all the people who can help or hinder the approval process in our company – including you, of course, but very possibly also product, brand, legal and more.
- You think big about the education-technology and how you can accelerate adoption of our products by our customers
- You will measure and report against the performance of product marketing initiatives