Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Comet has an opening for a motivated and self-directed Developer Advocate for Deep Learning as part of the Community Team, which is focused on supporting and inspiring our global community of ML practitioners.
In this role, you will grow our practitioner community and engage with them through content initiatives, events, and other channels; collaborate across internal teams to create interesting machine and deep learning projects using Comet; serve as a public-facing champion for Comet users and ML practitioners at-large; and more.
The role includes a mix of community evangelism and advocacy, as well as collaborative deep learning project work, including but not limited to:
- Building interesting deep learning models and projects with Comet and writing about them
- Executing event campaigns that target ML and DL practitioners at universities and in the real world
- Leading community initiatives, advocacy, and evangelism that help users understand the unique value of our product stack and our approach to ML and DL, through presentations, meet-ups, and engagement on social and digital channels (i.e. Reddit, Slack Communities, social media, etc)
- Supporting Comet users and other practitioners on their ML journeys
Put together, these exciting initiatives will be targeted at growing and supporting our community of tens of thousands of ML engineers and data scientists.
In this role, you’ll build:
- Lots of really cool deep learning projects! These public-facing projects will be the centerpiece of the technical content we share with our community of ML/DL practitioners and data scientists from around the world
- Relationships with our user community, influencers, key partners, and other ML/DL practitioners from around the world
- Community events, competitions, and other initiatives that drive Comet’s growth and user acquisition strategy
In this role, you’ll influence and shape:
- Product development, specifically for community users and individual practitioners
- Lasting relationships with researchers, academic and commercial partners, and community contributors
- Comet’s community engagement strategy writ-large
In this role, you’ll learn:
- How to effectively communicate your ML/DL work with community stakeholders
- How to shape and grow the larger data science/ML community
- New deep learning model types and techniques—you’ll be encouraged to branch out and explore exciting new frontiers in the DL space, develop your technical skills, and more
- Growth marketing strategies designed to reach developer and other related technical audiences
Skills and experience we’re seeking:
While there isn’t a firm checklist of requirements for this role, below is a list of skills, experiences, and traits we’re looking for in this role:
- A bachelors, masters, or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Deep learning and programming experience in a professional or research setting
- Significant experience with one or more of the major deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.)
- A proven track record of engaging with and supporting developer or other practitioner communities
- An understanding of common machine learning techniques in computer vision, audio, and NLP
- Specialization and a proven, project-based track record in one or more areas is a plus
- Basic web development knowledge is a plus (HTML/JS/CSS)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to try things, learn from them, and iterate quickly
- The ability to work autonomously in a self-directed, fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- A proactive, collaborative, and creative mindset