Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
Your role as the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is pivotal to growing the B2B business at Educative. You will source potential customers; connect their personal and professional objectives to the Educative value proposition; and set up the Account Executive team to close the sale.
You will be a founding member of our fast-growing sales team. We value your ideas from how we prospect to our messaging to continuously improving the sales process. We work together as a team to achieve our aggressive sales goals. This growth will also bring you opportunities to progress your career at Educative.
You are a great fit for this role if you are a results-oriented, motivated, and strategic ‘hunter’ who is laser-focused on generating prospect meetings and building a sales pipeline. On a day-to-day basis, you will educate the market about the power of Educative and generate opportunities with net-new customers. You will become an expert at using lead generation tools to routinely extract contacts and craft accurate and targeted lists of prospects.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build and maintain a pipeline of prospective enterprise customers in CRM tool
- Research prospective companies to identify key stakeholders and support Account Executives in drafting the value proposition
- Understand the needs of target prospects and articulate Educative product value via email and qualification calls
- Develop an understanding of Educative products and marketing messaging
- Support new market development
- Identify opportunities to leverage B2C customers in enterprise sales
- Assist with other projects, as requested
- Roadmap to an Account Executive role in 12-15 months
- One to three years relevant sales experience
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’
- Results-driven & competitive nature
- Superb English writing, communication, and listening skills.
- Outstanding time management skills
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our SDR’s to be a good person to peers and prospects
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results