Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
About the position
The Senior User Experience Researcher and Strategist is an individual contributor on the Product Design and Research team, serving as a User Experience and innovation strategist who will support new product development and accelerate experience-led innovation across the enterprise and personal product offerings in both strategic and tactical initiatives.
This job requires both the ability to uncover key user insights and the communication skills to turn those insights into actionable, relevant product concepts and strategies through collaboration and design thinking practice. The ideal candidate would engage in all areas of the product team to clearly understand and influence the business goals, product design, and strategy.
This individual provides breakthrough insights based on the analysis and synthesis of user needs, corporate strategies, enterprise capabilities, and market opportunities. As a key responsibility, this individual will champion the voice of Lookout’s customer by leveraging design thinking and research expertise and foster meaningful collaboration across business strategy, design, marketing, sales, and engineering to uncover user’s unmet needs, identify new product offerings, business opportunities, go to market strategies and to deliver co-constructed experience and experience-driven product solutions.
What you need to succeed:
- Clear understanding and experience with a wide variety of research methods. Deep knowledge about when to apply each.
- Open-minded approach to explore new methods that best fit with enterprise practice.
- Ability to articulate a user identity by developing user profiles, personas, and core user scenarios.
- Goes beyond the data to develop core insights about user behavior and needs. Can turn these insights into experience concepts and experience strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate a problem space, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients.
- Has a history of close collaboration with design and product management.
- Experience with web analytics and/or software instrumentation/ data visualization.
- Experience facilitating insight driven workshops to cultivate internal consensus of problem space, product direction and concept iteration, promoting design-research synergy
- Degree in Design Research, cognitive psychology, cognitive science, anthropology, data science, or related field.
- Be a strategic partner to a variety of product managers, fellow designers, and engineers to identify relevant research needs and then help shape strategy and design through insightful research
- Develop an empathic understanding of our customers through a variety of deep qualitative and quantitative research and synthesis techniques
- Plan and organize user research for new projects and suggest and execute strategic user research initiatives that enable teams to make more informed, confident decisions
- Mentor and guide the research process and practice across the organization
- Work with fellow designers and product managers to co-create and validate design concepts
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap
- Strong portfolio demonstrating solid product solutions backed by thoughtful research
- Experience delivering projects end-to-end: You understand what it takes to develop and conduct complex research and design projects with an emphasis on quality and craft
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with minimal supervision
- Business strategy in your blood, and you prioritize, design and align research projects with business needs and goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A user-centered perspective and approach to research and design
- 5+ years of professional experience: Tech, Design or Product, where at least 2 year of it was in research.