Skilljar is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our products. In addition, they’ll be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where they will have a direct impact on the product.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter who is comfortable owning and driving the development of new features and services, and has a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Contribute to the design and development of new products and services across the development stack.
- Maintain a high level of quality for delivering software.
- Participate in sprint planning and task breakdown and estimation.
- Review and provide feedback on PRs from other team members.
- Collaborate with various team members and stakeholders on requirements definition and feature design & development.
- Support products and services in a production environment.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 3+ years of working experience building web applications using Django, Rails, or some equivalent MVC framework.
- Working experience deploying and supporting software solutions in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience scaling web applications as well as working with Heroku and/or AWS is a plus.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.