We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
In 2020, Boundless acquired RapidVisa to become the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams. After four years of policy headwinds, we are at an inflection point, projecting to grow 3-4x every year through the Biden administration and become the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential early-stage venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, Emerson Collective, and are well-capitalized for our upcoming growth.
We imagine a future where any immigrant, at any stage of their immigration journey, can benefit from our immigration expertise, community of immigrants, and network of strategic partners. Achieving this vision at a venture-growth pace requires rapid expansion of our suite of products and services, go-to-market capabilities, global expertise, and track record of customer success.
Our Corporate Development MBA Intern will have a dynamic summer, leading us through diligence, deal execution, and integration of 1-2 acquisitions, working closely with a team of former investors, consultants, and investment bankers. Your summer will involve periods of independent contributor work (i.e. research, external conversations, business due diligence, content creation), as well as cross-functional collaboration (technical due diligence, stakeholder alignment, acquisition integration). You will work closely with our CEO, Chief of Staff, and VP Finance & Strategy.
- Due diligence: Lead due diligence on 1-3 acquisition targets, including all business due diligence and coordination of third party due diligence processes (i.e. legal, accounting/tax, etc.)
- Build an investment case: Prepare internal / BOD memos articulating acquisition or opportunity highlights, risks, and recommendations
- Direct our financial model: Develop a perspective on our acquisition financial model, marrying our operating plan with a viewpoint on financial performance and synergies
- Facilitate conversations: Lead internal and external conversations to bring stakeholders up to speed, discuss key issues/blockers, obtain expert opinions, obtain buy-in, and achieve alignment on valuation and integration/operating plans
- Influence deal terms: Provide recommendations on valuation and negotiation strategy; review IOIs and definitive agreements
- Craft investor materials: Evolve our equity fundraise materials to reflect progress against our strategic goals and evolution of our growth opportunity
- Close on one or multiple acquisitions: Coordinate closing processes, including completion of third party due diligence, coordination of new employment packages, removal of closing conditions, funds flow, measure and report on success and learnings
- Integrate one or multiple acquisitions: Project manage integration of acquisitions including the development, communication and execution of corporate and functional integration roadmaps, working closely with our CEO, Chief of Staff and leadership team
- Experience diligencing and closing on acquisitions is required for this role
- Min 4 years work experience in banking, investing, and/or corporate strategy roles (corporate development, venture capital, private equity, consulting, and/or investment banking)
- Visionary thinker with ability to get your hands dirty, drill into the details, and ask great questions
- Crisp written and verbal communication for external (e.g. Board, investors, banks) and internal (e.g. prioritization, brainstorming, alignment) audiences
- Excellent business judgment with a strong grasp of numbers
- Natural ability to help various stakeholders find common ground
- Motivated by responsibility and impact