Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
As a MLOps Sales Engineer working out of our New York office or Remotely, you will be the primary technical liaison to our prospective clients during sales as well as key customer accounts. You will be responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit during evaluation and onboarding of the Comet platform. It is critical for this role to build customer trust in our platform which will aid the sales and customer success organizations. You will lead the technical pre-sales relationship, demonstrate the product, anticipate concerns, and offer creative solutions to customer problems. You will also be responsible for providing feedback to product and engineering on key customer pain points and requirements that would inform the future roadmap.
The role requires someone who is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. You should be equally comfortable painting a vision of the technical possibilities of the platform with a C-level exec and whiteboarding workflows with customer’s data science and DevOps teams.
You will be working with a global team (presences in the US, Israel, and EU) – so some flexibility with work hours is required.
- Partner with Sales during the sales cycle and enable prospects to understand the benefits of leveraging the platform
- Lead technical demonstrations and support sales evaluations of the Comet platform
- Work to qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments during the sales cycle.
- Gather technical requirements from prospective clients and mapping the platform to the prospective clients’ unique requirements
- Build a technical rollout plan to drive adoption and support customer success (roughly 15% of time) as needed through all phases of customer engagements
- Partner with Marketing to deliver tutorials, blog posts, sample code, and presentations adapted for technical, business, and executive partners
- Partner with Product and Engineering to provide customer and market feedback to help define product roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience with applied machine learning and software engineering
- Quick learner, self-starter, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of Python and ML frameworks such as Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow
- Ability to understand the workflow and tools used by data scientists
- Excellent communicator and presenter; able to win the confidence of a technical audience and simplify messaging
- Experience building production-grade ML systems and taking ML models to production is a plus