Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
We are a hyper growth platform for interactive text-based courses on many aspects of computer science, cloud computing, and advanced technologies. Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses so they can get better at their job, find a better job or just experience the joy of learning.
We have ambitious goals for courses —and that’s where you come in!
Our goal is to make every developer successful and more productive. Help us build that dream.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You are an innovative and passionate engineering leader focused on delivering a cutting-edge learning platform. You like to own deliverables end-to-end and have a meaningful influence on the final product. You are a builder. You like to work with fellow engineers and cross functional teams to collaborate, share knowledge, imagine, design, develop, test, and launch features that wow our learners, authors and customers.
- Own and ensure end-to-end project delivery for one or more projects.
- Set up effective software development frameworks and processes, with a preference for speedy releases over feature perfection.
- Translate business requirements to actionable tasks for engineering teams.
- Partner with engineers to design architectures, develop algorithms and build services and systems.
- Take pre-emptive actions to mitigate project/feature delivery risks.
- Resolve blockers in a timely manner.
- Review artifacts and deliverables for quality and completion and provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Continue to raise the bar on quality of artifacts and deliverables being produced.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Leadership, Product, HR and Recruiting while leading engineering teams to achieve project success.
- Cultivate a culture of trust within your team.
- Mentor and lead engineers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Plan and support professional development for members of your team.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science.
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience designing and building complex systems.
- You embrace change and lead with a growth mindset.
- You believe in empathetic and clear communication.
- You have experience architecting complex systems with multiple owners.
- You have a strong bias for action.
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest technology trends.
Nice To Have:
- Have managed software engineering teams of size 15+
- Experience with Google App Engine and Google Cloud.
- Experience in React/Redux/React Native.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.