Senior Software Sustaining Engineer - Android at Lookout
- Provide timely support for our android product suite, by implementing technical solutions, fixing bugs, estimating, and delivering high quality solutions that secure hundreds of millions of users.
- Build strong relationships with customers and take ownership of the product requirements/escalations from customers.
- Be a team player and proactively monitor technical issues that impact the customers to provide solutions.
- Actively lead the deployment and release of the SDK.
- Work closely with product management & engineering teams to tackle challenging problems and provide timely support to customers.
- Perform and document root cause analysis and perform performance tuning of your solutions.
- Lead the efforts to keep the SDK up to date by promptly upgrading the dependent libraries.
- Work closely with the Support team to improve the support process and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other mobile app teams and support them with the adoption of new platform features.
- You have at least 3 years experience building & shipping commercial mobile software for the Android platform.
- You have good knowledge of Kotlin and the Android SDK.
- You have good knowledge of Java and the Gradle build system.
- You have experience handling the complete support lifecycle from customer inquiry to triage, reproduction, fixing bugs or performing handoff for development, and resolution.
- You have demonstrated a track record of developing clean and maintainable code.
- You are well experienced with git, CI/CD.
- You have the ability to break complex problems down into smaller components that are loosely coupled and testable.
- You are comfortable performing testing and automation - unit, functional, integration, etc.
- You have exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- You possess stellar communication skills; able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic startup environment where everyday offers new challenges.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Understanding of networking terminology & protocols.
- Experience with Security.
- Experience developing on iOS platforms.