Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Head of Growth and Community will possess a passion for connecting with technical audiences – data scientists, engineers, and machine learning (ML) practitioners - and have a passion for driving product adoption, shaping Comet’s customer journey, and using data and experimentation to drive massive user adoption. This role will focus on developing and implementing strategies to build a product-led growth (PLG) engine and to cultivate a vibrant community of ML practitioners.
- Identify, develop, and implement product-led growth and user acquisition strategies to drive rapid self-service product adoption.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to create and implement experimentation strategies to develop a deep understanding of what is important to Comet’s prospects/customers, and use that to shape the customer journey from interest, to sign-up, to adoption.
- Work with Product Marketing to learn, through ongoing contact with users, about the key pain points, search drivers and terms, and objections of community and ML practitioner personas.
- Embrace and support a test-and-learn environment, leveraging growth learnings to help shape the product roadmap and strategy and improve our PLG strategies and marketing mix.
- Rapidly assess opportunities and build data-supported business cases for new product features and partnerships that would serve independent ML practitioners or teams.
- Build the customer community and drive continuous improvement in Community Edition customer retention.
- Build and execute programs that connect, celebrate, and grow the Comet community and empower contributors to do great work.
- Work across the Marketing team to develop events and activities that drive discovery, engagement and retention
- Build relationships with content contributors in the industry and community to be their representative for Comet in helping to engage, be successful, and deliver great work and collaboration.
- Study the competitive landscape to assess and provide recommendations for strengthening Comet’s industry leadership with data-driven, effective community engagement strategies.
- Define key marketing metrics and create reports and dashboards to assess and share the overall performance of the growth and community initiatives.
- Create/maintain weekly KPI reports to identify trends, efficiencies, and opportunities that can help us scale; communicate and share learnings with the broader team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Can think strategically, generate creative solutions, manage multiple projects, and achieve target business results rapidly
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in written and verbal communications
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and a bias for action
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in SaaS Growth, Marketing or Product
- Demonstrated experience with product-led growth and community development
- Deep understanding of demand generation, product-led growth, lead lifecycle, lead nurturing and lead management
- Experience using sales, marketing, and/or user tools (e.g., Salesforce, Marketo, Terminus, Amplitude) and ability to learn new platforms quickly
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships with global teams
This role will be fully remote or based in New York City and working with a global team that has a large presence in Tel Aviv and Europe.