Shipium helps eCommerce companies offer free and fast shipping, then keep their promise with supply chain technology.
We do this by providing world-class APIs and web-based applications that enable our customers to make use of modern supply chain methods without having to have a large team of developers.
Founded in 2019 by supply chain technology experts from Amazon and Zulily, the company is on a mission to help every eCommerce company provide its customers a great delivery experience while simultaneously reducing their costs to fulfill orders.
Job Title: Software Engineer
We are looking for passionate software engineers to work with our executive team, product managers and other engineers to develop scalable microservices that can meet both the functional and scaling needs of large retail companies in the supply chain space. Prior experience with supply chain concepts is not required – you will be amazed how much computer science and ML concepts overlap with supply chain ideas.
You will work to develop both internal and customer-facing software that makes mission-critical decisions for some of the world’s largest retail companies as they move inventory from suppliers to warehouses to shippers to customers.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, test and maintain software services and libraries used by our customers to run their supply chains and customer-facing businesses.
- Work interactively with executives and PMs to figure out the right technical path to solve customer problems.
- Document systems and code for use by other engineers on the team using models and diagrams.
- Unit test and load test software that you have built to make sure it is correct and meets the performance and scale needs of our customers.
- Debug production issues and get our customers back up and shipping.
Technologies & Techniques
- Willingness to learn about a new space and new ways of approaching it!
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Solid Java background, bonus for optimizing long-running REST services.
- Solid unit testing experience.
- Experience with processing both streaming and batch data.
- Experience with Relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems is a big bonus.
- We expect 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience for most software engineer candidates.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field is required for this role.
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.