Shipium helps eCommerce companies offer free and fast shipping, then keep their promise with supply chain technology.
We do this by providing world-class APIs and web-based applications that enable our customers to make use of modern supply chain methods without having to have a large team of developers.
Founded in 2019 by supply chain technology experts from Amazon and Zulily, the company is on a mission to help every eCommerce company provide its customers a great delivery experience while simultaneously reducing their costs to fulfill orders.
Job Title: Software Development Manager, Delivery Experience
Shipium Inc is looking for a Software Development Manager to manage all aspects of mission-critical services from product ideation through deployment and support. Our team of engineers designs, develops and supports highly available supply chain software systems for enterprise-scale customers.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing and operating platforms and services and in developing and hiring extraordinary employees. You will need strong technical skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This manager will collaborate with business teams, product management teams and other software engineering teams to develop cutting edge supply chain systems to enable our customers’ businesses, achieve operational excellence and scale our business. The role also involves driving smaller scope development projects and building solutions
What You Will Do:
- Hire, lead and develop talented software engineers responsible for building and managing mission-critical systems.
- Establish strong relationships with internal partners and peer stakeholders to understand and meet their needs and operate existing systems at high quality.
- Develop and maintain a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team.
- Manage the design and development of new software solutions to support internal teams, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring.
- Participate in incident management to resolve outages and communicate with both internal and customer audiences as well as participating in calls to resolve outages.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building enterprise scale SAAS software solutions, preferably highly available API-focused RESTful services.
- 3+ more years of people management experience leading software development teams.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services.
- Experience in managing and deploying large-scale software systems.
- Experience building services in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.