Shipium helps eCommerce companies offer free and fast shipping, then keep their promise with supply chain technology.
We do this by providing world-class APIs and web-based applications that enable our customers to make use of modern supply chain methods without having to have a large team of developers.
Founded in 2019 by supply chain technology experts from Amazon and Zulily, the company is on a mission to help every eCommerce company provide its customers a great delivery experience while simultaneously reducing their costs to fulfill orders.
Job Title: Full Stack UI/UX Software Developer
Shipium Inc is looking for a full-stack software engineer to join us in building modern APIs and web-based applications that enable our customers to make use of superior supply chain methods at enterprise scale.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on software developer with an established background in developing and operating software and services at large scales. You will need strong technical skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
You will collaborate with business teams, product management teams and other software engineers to develop cutting edge supply chain software to enable our customers’ businesses, achieve operational excellence and scale our business.
What you will do:
- Develop, build and interact with Shipium services, APIs and frontend interfaces to create a product that empowers our customers to easily manage complex supply chain operations.
- Leverage your generalist expertise to envision and build intuitive full-stack UIs and workflows that enable our customers to visualize and navigate their often complex fulfillment network configuration.
- Participate in the design and development of new software solutions, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring.
- Participate in incident management to resolve outages and communicate with both internal and customer audiences as well as participating in calls to resolve outages.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building scalable web apps and tools using React and Node.js.
- Experience with RESTful API design and development, both as a developer and as a customer of such APIs.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services.
- Experience building services in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, or Azure) preferred.
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker preferred.
- Experience with one or more of our core technologies:
* Fastify (Node.js / Typescript)
* Hasura & PostgreSQL
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.