Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fuelling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Boston, Toronto, Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com
Lookout is seeking an intern as part of the Security Intelligence team. This is a 6 month contract.
As an intern on the Security Intelligence Team, you will be part of the core team building and managing detection engines, analysis systems and other core Intellectual Property at Lookout. You will work with an assigned mentor and will be given tasks just like any other engineer on your team. As part of this team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the group that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the Security Platform that underlies Lookout’s category-defining personal and enterprise products. You will be expected to learn on the job and figure out what you need to do to accomplish the tasks given to you.These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems. You may be called on to work in high scale cloud systems, or directly on mobile platforms.
If you’re looking for a role where you’ll learn a lot and be expected to perform at the same level as other engineers on your team, then this position is right for you! It will be challenging, but very rewarding, as the learning curve is steep.
Requirements for this position:
- Good software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Desire and ability to learn across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning.
- You're a quick and avid learner
- You’re a natural problem solver
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to continuous improvement in all of your work.
- BS/MS candidate in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, with some Java and occasionally Ruby (in JVM).
- iOS, Android, and their respective development toolchains.
- Graph and NoSQL databases including TinkerPop, JanusGraph, Cassandra, and ScyllaDB.
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, and a metric ton of EC2.