Shipium helps eCommerce companies offer free and fast shipping, then keep their promise with supply chain technology.
We do this by providing world-class APIs and web-based applications that enable our customers to make use of modern supply chain methods without having to have a large team of developers.
Founded in 2019 by supply chain technology experts from Amazon and Zulily, the company is on a mission to help every eCommerce company provide its customers a great delivery experience while simultaneously reducing their costs to fulfill orders.
What You Will Do
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses, and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support
- Assess new product offerings and go-to-market strategies for technical revenue considerations
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to advise on scalable deal structures
- Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities. Contributes to work-life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer.
- Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across the company.
- Establish key business metrics and KPIs to measure the health of the business, while proactively highlighting areas of risk and opportunity
- 7+ years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- B.A. or B.S degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred)
- Fluency in ASC 606 and ability to research complex accounting issues
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Experience with internal controls (design, implementation and execution)
- Strong analytical capabilities and business acumen with the ability to simplify and distill complex business information in a consumable way. Strong knowledge of Excel and experience working with large data sets
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization; diving into the details and managing Exec level communications
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.