Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Bangalore, Boston, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
As part of our Mobile Endpoint Detection and Response team, you will develop applications that help our customers identify potential threats impacting their organization and allow them to create new policies to improve their ability to detect and respond to them before they can cause harm.
Do you have expert programming skills with Java or Scala? Do you have good experience with API and Cloud? Then you could be Lookout's Sr. Backend Software Engineer with ability to work remotely.
- Build high performance data-driven backend microservices in Java and Scala that power threat hunting applications
- Conduct unit, functional, and other forms of automated testing
- Practice end-to-end service delivery, including ownership of cloud resources, CI/CD pipelines, cost management, and on-call activities
- Participate in code and architecture reviews for your projects and those of your colleagues
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development practices
- 5 years of experience developing backend applications in Java and/or Scala, using frameworks such as Spring or Play
- Experience with developing distributed applications in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience developing REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience of both Object Oriented and Functional design patterns
- Strong troubleshooting / debugging skills
- Experience and/or interest in cyber security
- Experience with GraphQL Federation
- Experience with “big data” processing frameworks such as Apache Spark
- Experience developing streaming data processors using Apache Kafka