Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a creative writer and editor who knows how to craft compelling narratives — whether it’s thought leadership blog posts, website copy or customer case studies. You are an experienced B2B storyteller with an in-depth understanding of AP style. You also know how to collaborate with subject matter experts to produce engaging content.
The Journalist (Content Writer/Editor) will be a member of the Lookout Corporate Communications team and report to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager. The Corporate Communications team is responsible for editorial, media relations, social media, customer advocacy, internal communications, executive thought leadership and analyst relations.
- Produce editorial content focused on products, customers, threat discoveries, industry accolades, third-party research and owned thought leadership research, support development of podcasts, web copy and customer case studies.
- Partner with subject matter experts to develop and refine thought leadership content plans and projects.
- Collaborate with authors to ghostwrite, rewrite or substantively edit thought leadership content to ensure quality, readability and audience engagement while maintaining the authors' voices.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that project timelines are accurately set and met.
- Coach Lookout content creators across marketing on language usage, writing style and storytelling effectiveness.
- Edit copy for grammar, punctuation, readability, flow and style.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in journalism or writing, editing and proofreading content in English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible terms.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in English, journalism, communications or similar).
- Exceptional knowledge of English grammar and AP style and the ability to explain edits to authors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with quick turnaround times simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail, laser focus on quality and the ability to consider the big picture strategically as well..
- Can develop content from the perspective of the target audience and their needs/interests.
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, including the confidence to interact with personnel at all levels.
- Excellent listening skills, responsiveness, flexibility, initiative, decision-making, conflict resolution and tact are all critical skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a larger, multifunctional team.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience in the security space.
- Experience in a publishing/media house.
- Experience with corporate thought leadership and global, cross-industry content.
- Experience working remotely with a global team.