Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
The Human Resources Manager is critical in building and scaling our talent management philosophy that aligns with the corporate strategy. You will advise management on compensation and benefits, build the company culture, and manage HR operations.
You are not just following the path set for you. You will also proactively identify opportunities and implement improvements to the employee experience.
You will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, seeks continuous improvement, loves learning, and values teamwork. You won’t be expected to know it all when you join our team, just bring your growth mindset and willingness to learn and we will provide the mentorship and career growth to help you be successful.
In this role you will:
Compensation and benefits:
- Monitor and evaluate the company’s compensation and benefit programs to ensure they are current with regard to trends, practices, and costs
- Recommend enhancements to improve the overall employee experience and market competitiveness
- Perform analytics from internal and external sources and proactively provide recommendations to leadership
- Deliver training to people managers on compensation philosophy and programs
- Partner with internal and external teams to manage benefits changes and benefit operations
- Monitor Pakistan federal and local labor, employment and payroll tax laws that are relevant to Educative. This would include new regulations as well as changes to existing regulations
- Conduct research of Pakistan federal and local labor, employment and payroll tax laws as they relate to ongoing compliance by Educative
- Draft internal policies that are consistent with Pakistan federal and local labor, employment and payroll tax laws. Work with applicable Educative management to obtain all necessary approvals for new policies or amendments to existing policies.
- Execute effective communication of policy changes to all affected employees
New hire onboarding:
- Work cross-functionally to deliver an effective and consistent onboarding experience
- Create and deliver an engaging new hire orientation and communicate with new hires as they integrate into the company
- Continually innovate the delivery of the new hire onboarding experience based on employee, leader, and HR feedback, and retention and engagement data
- Supervise performance of:
- Send employment agreements for signature via HelloSign
- Collect new hire documents (e.g. NIC, CV, transcript, etc) and file in employee files
- Set up onboarding checklist to ensure excellent new employee experience
- Coordinate new hire orientation, including sending first day logistics, setting up meeting room, and preparing new hire equipment, swag, etc.
- Ensure enrollment of eligible new hires into insurance program and coordinate enrollment with the insurance provider
- Send policies acknowledgement for new hires via HelloSign
- Conduct investigations and manage employee relations cases
- Manage the exit process, including conducting exit interviews
- Analyze data and trends on employee exits to provide input to the business strategy and prevent the recurrence of known issues
- Supervise performance of:
- Set up offboarding checklist for terminated employees
- Ensure termination submitted to health insurance provider
- Provide experience letter as requested
- Available to work in the Lahore office on Monday to Friday
- 5+ years experience in an HR management role or similar required
- Demonstrates solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Demonstrates project management and change management experience
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- Experience learning and thriving in a constantly changing environment and to cultivate relationships across teams
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action