Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Our product leaders are passionately helping organizations secure the entire data path from endpoint to cloud using our unique and the industry’s first end-to-end platform. Product managers are the core of the company’s product and business leadership, working closely with our Engineering, Marketing, Data, Business Development and Finance teams to set strategy for, define, design, and directly manage nearly all aspects of our technology and products and their impact on our business. Product management at Lookout represents a great opportunity for any product manager ready to be a part of some of the hottest trends in technology and business today.
This individual will have strong customer-centric product management experience, the ability to work on multiple products, and will take the initiative to improve both our products and our processes.
As a Principal Product Manager in the areas of CASB & Security Platform, you'll be responsible for owning and managing several key product areas in our SASE portfolio.
- Ownership: Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for securing SaaS applications and platform's content inspection & protection capabilities.
- Product requirements and delivery: PRD and requirements for your projects. Work with product managers and engineering on a day-to-day basis to prioritize and execute on product features and delivery.
- Security advocacy: as a security product manager, practice and promote industry best practices
- Product strategy: contribute to the product roadmap. Identify and gather requirements, define and spec features, and work cross-functionally to bring them to market.
- Customer development: Interact with customers to deeply understand their problems and requirements.
- Customer success: ensure our existing customers are overwhelmingly successful using your products and new features.
- Partner internally: the enterprise product line is very cross functional at Lookout. Accordingly, you will partner internally with different product teams to ensure that there is alignment to your goals and roadmap.
- Partner externally: Drive technology partnerships & integrations with other enterprise security vendors.
- 5-7 years product management experience. We are not fixated on the number of years; we want high quality people!
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and content inspection for SaaS/Internet apps
- User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) and Threat Intelligence
- Data Protection and Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Security & compliance for cloud apps
- Cloud security background.
- Direct experience with CASB, DLP, UEBA, Threat Prevention, Compliance and securing SaaS apps is required.
- Cloud security and security platform innovation background.
- Direct experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
Product and go-to-market skills
- Proven experience in shipping high quality cloud security products with great UX.
- Identified and evangelized game-changing product innovations that support and improve your company’s strategic and competitive position.
- Gathered, analyzed and communicated competitive and market intelligence.
- Managed product requirements and translate them into compelling products and capabilities.
- Directed future product efforts and business direction.
- Comfortable working with designers on wireframes and mockups as well as usability research.
- Able to stay organized, thrive and get the right things done in an environment where there is no end of things to do.
- Promoted product by collaborating with marketing and sales organizations and drove multi-million-dollar product lines
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills:
- Able to clearly articulate technical solutions to internal and external audiences.
- Innate ability to drive consensus and forward motion
- BS/BA or equivalent in CS or related technical field. MBA preferred.