Lookout is a leading cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto , India, and Washington, D.C
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining security products.
- Development and enhancement of Lookouts Content and Application security solutions like Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) providing SASE solutions to our customers.
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop highly scalable, available and debuggable software products.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- Evaluate open source tools or third party tools to help decide build Vs buy
- Work with other engineering teams, product management and customer support teams with customer first goal
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms using Java
- Proficient in security fundamentals like TLS, PKI, certificate handling, and encryption.
- At least 6+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms using microservices architecture.
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery
- BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical engineering
- Proficiency in multi string search, advanced regex, document parsing
- Experience with stream processing frameworks like Kafka
- Prior experience in developing Security solutions like SWG, CASB and ZTNA
- Proficient understanding of AWS