Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining security products.
In order to tackle these problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, End Point Platforms (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems, cloud backend microservices, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, billing systems, analytics, and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting-edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Solution Architect Responsibilities:
- Architect, Design and Build distributed software systems that run in the public cloud and integrate with carrier systems.
- Assess the system architecture currently in place and work with technical staff to leverage existing software. When and where necessary, proactively make recommendations to improve it.
- Provide supervision and guidance of development teams.
- Resolve technical problems as they arise.
- Engage directly with partners to collaboratively define requirements and integrated solutions.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Inform various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Solution Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Track record of working with large carrier systems and solutions
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- 16 to 20+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.