Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,900 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
- We are looking for a Product Designer with a diverse and broad skill set in interaction and visual design who delivers extraordinary customer experiences. As a Senior Product Designer at Remitly you drive the product design strategy and experience for our customers. We set our bar high, and aim to design customer experiences that delight our customers worldwide.
- Work with your product team to create solutions that address distinct user needs and business goals through research, workshops, design sprints, sketching, wireframes, motion studies, site flows, low and high fidelity prototypes, high-quality visual design, etc.
- Design scalable systems and patterns for our responsive web and native app customer experiences
- Create thoughtful strategies and presentations to communicate crisp concepts to stakeholders, often with multiple solutions in mind
- Work with engineers to ensure designs are leveraging technical possibilities, and then coded to spec
- Serve as the customer's voice and advocate in technology discussions and decisions
- Understand your customers and the business needs by synthesizing existing data, metrics, research, secondary research, etc. to inform your strategy
- Use remote unmoderated testing platforms to understand the usability of your proposed solutions before finalizing
- Partner with UX Researchers to gather deeper insights, answer complex questions, and inform your strategy
- Report to the Head of Design
- Demonstrated experience (e.g. a strong portfolio from about 10 years in a similar role) in designing beautiful and engaging consumer experiences across multiple platforms, especially mobile.
- Solid knowledge of modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer X, InVision, etc.)
- Experience in agile development environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication as we are a Global business
- A passion for people and cultures
- An eagerness to learn, grow, adapt, expand your skills, and try new things
- Ability to take initiative, act within ambiguity, and deliver "end-to-end"
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data theories and how to apply knowledge to execution within a A/B testing framework
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic