Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.About the Role:You will contribute to Remitly's mission by ensuring that Remitly's APAC business maintains full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You will manage legal and regulatory risks, using your strong analytical skills and keen eye for detail to adapt Remitly's services and controls to new business opportunities and changing regulatory requirements.You Will:You will ensure Remitly manages the Compliance risks that it faces. You are a senior leadership role focused on and responsible for ensuring that Remilty operations are effective in countering the risk that our services might be used or targeted for financial crime activities. You will be an important risk management role with a broad remit and responsibilities including:
- Understand and maintain continuing knowledge of all local compliance requirements
- Implement policy for compliance obligations (including AML) risk management framework to meet requirements and legislation in the region
- Implement the Bank's strategy, policy and standards, controls, systems and policies are being implemented at the regional level
- Lead the team to work with relevant contacts in business, risk and compliance functions to ensure consistent application, and implementation, and controls to evidence related AML standards, policies and procedures
- To provide strategic direction and guidance to for compliance related issues including the implementation of a risk management framework
- Provide advisory services to the business to ensure clear understanding of financial crime risk exposure for clients, transactions and products
- Engage with key regulators, law enforcement, and other government bodies and agencies on regulatory and licensing matters.
- 5+ years of experience in a compliance focused role and preferably with regulatory experience; Bachelor's degree in Law, Business, Auditing or related field.
- Understanding of APAC regulatory landscape, particularly in Singapore and Australia.
- Sufficient background to satisfy any pre-appointment checks to be appointed as the AML/ CTF Compliance Officer of the relevant regulators.
- Is independent, but also work well under direction and in a team setting
- Is comfortable managing numerous aspects of an AML/CTF compliance program
- Work well with people at all levels inside and outside our organization
- Willingness for some travel to Remitly's Global headquarters in Seattle and offices in Ireland, Nicaragua, Philippines, and U.K.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits