Hola Cash is empowering the LatAm public with the convenience, speed and reliability of cutting-edge payments technology that they can trust.
Through a friendly and intuitive interface, we are empowering our merchant customers to participate in the Digital Economy through a one-stop shop for payments acceptance .
With customers at the heart of our decisions, Hola Cash is removing barriers, building better user experiences, and providing greater access to financial services in Latin America beginning with Mexico.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior PHP developer engineer with experience developing e-commerce plugins for platforms such as Magento and Woocommerce. We are looking for a developer with wide experience with various eCommerce platforms who also has a broad understanding of the eCommerce world that can help us design and implement checkout plugins for Hola Cash.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the design and implementation of the Hola Cash checkout plugins for ecommerce platforms aligned with the product owner requirements. You will also be in charge of maintaining those plugins and making sure the defined architecture and design are set to scale not only in terms of supporting more ecommerce platforms but also more features. Keeping up to date with platform changes, security patches and trends is also part of the role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s ecommerce checkout plugins
- Aligning the checkout plugin functionalities and features to company’s checkout solution along with the product team
- Incorporate the certification and compliance requirements of each ecommerce platform so that our checkout plugins can be successfully approved and hence be available in the plugin marketplaces of the ecommerce platforms we work with (i.e. Magento, WordPress marketplace)
- Troubleshooting compatibility and integration issues and making sure those get resolved working directly with our partners and clients.
- Install, test and maintain various Magento/WooCommerce/etc internal instances to make sure we are constantly validating implementation
- Writing design documents for the future extension or new development of plugins
- Making sure the checkout plugin documentation is always up to date and clear
- Code reviewing peer developers pull requests
- Become the in-house subject matter expert of Hola Cash plugin’s ecosystem
- Research new integration and plug-in capabilities
- Contribute ideas for making the plugins better and easier to use
What We’ll Expect From You
- 3+ years of experience working in production ready systems that use ecommerce platforms workflows and custom marketplace approved and published plugins implementations that are still active and valid until today (Magento and WooCommerce as our main ones).
- Important: Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests to make sure our plugins are guaranteed to work if test suite passes
- Understanding of modern UI/UX trends
- Flexibility to get up to speed with a variety of diverse product focused teams.
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
- Magento/WooCommerce certification will be a big plus but not required
- Previous experience developing payment gateways plugins that support not only credit card but alternative payment methods such as bank transfers, BNPL, etc. will be a big plus but not required
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git