Shipium is on a mission to solve the ‘Prime problem’ that modern retailers face today—how to make fast, free and on-time delivery promises a cornerstone of the customer’s shopping experience. We’re building tech that connects previously fragmented systems and automates complex supply chain decisions to deliver speed and value across operations.
Shipium was founded in 2019 by supply chain leaders from Amazon and Zulily, and recently raised the largest Series A in logistics tech history backed by world-class investors like Insight Partners, Trilogy Ventures, and Pioneer Square Labs.
About the team
The Marketing team is a group of wholistic thinkers who obsess over the problems our customers face. Product Marketing will be a new dedicated function within the Marketing team that will focus on generating market insights to inform Shipium’s product strategy, mobilize go-to-market efforts for our platform and portfolio of products, and be the key liaison to Sales regarding product capabilities and benefits. Given the stage of the company, Product Marketing will be a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with all other teams in the business, like Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Finance.
What you’ll do
After closing the largest Series A in logistics tech history in April, we are expanding. This will be Shipium’s first dedicated Product Marketing hire. The person will play a critical role in shaping our product and sales strategies, and will be the key connector across all functions of the business. Because this is the first hire, we are looking for a player-coach who can be a strategic voice, providing essential inputs into every team, but has the desire to dig in and do all the important initial work that an individual contributor must do to help others be successful.
In the earlier phases of this role, you will be focused more on what we consider “input marketing” and less on “output marketing”—muscle must first be built to help shape go-to-market efforts being conducted by all our teams. You will then gradually add in campaign execution and supporting launches over time.
- Be the authority on Shipium’s market and segmentations.
- Own the organization and communication of Shipium’s platform and product portfolio.
- Feed continual insight to the Product and Engineering teams with regards to customer needs, capability priorities, and competitive differentiation.
- Prep Sales and Marketing teams on continual updates of product capabilities, benefits, and outcomes.
- Provide vision for the Sales and Marketing teams into upcoming roadmap releases.
- Be an expert on competition.
- Influence pricing so that it is aligned with the value the market perceives.
- Develop product positioning and messaging based on technical knowledge of the platform, market insights, and competitive differentiation.
- Work with all teams to help drive and support product launches.
Who you are
- A technologist — You are deeply technical to the point that you can understand systems, APIs, data flows, and the opportunities and constraints afforded by the existing ecosystem of supply chain technology.
- A strategist — You can see the big picture with the kind of clarity that allows you to influence what Shipium should be doing and why we should be doing it.
- A user-centered designer — You understand the importance of empathy and can put yourself in the shoes of the customer such that you know how to best address their situations and jobs to be done.
- A researcher — You are really good at finding data sources or building your own dataset to then analyze and inform decisions. Market research, customer conversations, signal synthesis, and intelligent analysis are things you love. “There is no strategy without intelligence.”
- A wholistic business thinker — You will be partnering with every function in our organization, so you are adept at understanding their vocabulary, role in the business, and how to help them be successful.
- A writer — Your ability to organize thought and tell a concise story in written communications is one of the main reasons you are good at internal collaboration and external execution.
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS setting.
- 7+ years experience in a product, marketing, product marketing, strategy, or a business operations role that has helped you develop the required skills.
- Proficiency with and expert understanding of system level technology, APIs, and data.
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.