At Falkon we're building a revenue growth platform. Our mission is to transform business operations through insights and automation.
Our target customer is revenue growth teams (sales, marketing, customer success and customer support). Falkon's capabilities help them understand their prospect and customer behavior so they can market and sell more effectively to those customers. By combining data analytics with data science, our platform provides powerful tools to solve use cases like:
- Understanding what marketing/sales tactics are working and what are not
- Understanding what content is leading to activated, converted and engaged customers
- Understanding where the sales pipeline is coming from - and what revenue is forecasted for the month and quarter
- Understanding what rep behaviors are truly making a difference to the sales pipeline
- Understanding whether the company is on track on meet its revenue targets, and drill down into issues that are holding back revenue
- Targeting the most likely candidate customers for deal expansion
- And many more...
Our team consists of product, engineering and research veterans from Microsoft, Amazon, Dropbox, Amperity and Zulily.
We are looking for a results-oriented data engineer who can design, develop and scale the internal data systems that power Falkon's core product. The day-to-day work includes:
- bringing customer data into Falkon via various data pipelines
- building SQL and Python data transforms for customer data, including DBT transforms
- implementing customer tenants
- writing and updating SQL queries that power metrics in a customer tenant
- scripting SQL queries using Jinja
- building programmable data ingestion and processing pipelines that automate data ingestion and extraction
- writing Python scripts to automate tenant implementations
- build infrastructure components to quickly process and transform terabytes of data
- improve the performance of large data processing tasks
- and many others
Our backend infrastructure is extremely modern and fully containerized on top of Kubernetes. We're big fans of ELT and use tools like DBT and Airflow to power our data pipelines.
What you will do
- Partner with CSM to implement customer tenants
- Design, implement and run Falkon's data pipelines
- Design data models that represent the standard shape of data ingested by Falkon
- Implement data transforms for data to conform to the data models
- Build the large-data processing infrastructure that enables Falkon to scale horizontally.
- Build the next generation revenue growth platform from scratch.
- Help shape Falkon's culture, and build the workplace of your dreams.
What you will need to succeed
- Extremely comfortable writing complex SQL queries that run in data warehouses
- Very comfortable writing data transformations using tools like DBT
- Experience scripting SQL using Jinja, and writing automation scripts/tools in Python
- Ability to work on customer-facing projects, delivering data implementations on a deadline
- Ability to operate with autonomy in highly ambiguous situations.
- Solid computer science fundamentals.
- A willingness to put in the hard work it takes to make a startup successful.
- Alignment on Falkon principles - Think big, Deliver results with urgency, Be radically transparent, Follow the golden rule, Get better every day
- Prior experience working with data from revenue tools like Salesforce, Hubspot and Marketo is a strong plus.
- Experience building very large data ingestion/processing pipelines.
- Experience developing/deploying/running metrics processing and monitoring systems
If you're interested in rapid career growth, there is no better place to be than Falkon.
Growth comes from Impact x Learning
At Falkon you'll do your best work, develop new skills, learn from the best, discover what technical areas you're truly passionate about and help our customers grow their businesses. If you're interested in starting your own business, you'll get the opportunity to see how a venture-funded business is built from the ground up. As an early and critical member of our growing team you will help shape our business, our processes and our culture.