Who Boundless is
At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system and we are looking for an experienced IT leader to seed and build an IT organization that will make life easier for Boundless employees and keep our systems secure for Boundless customers.
If you are passionate about creating systems and processes that enable people to help themselves, if you are excited to hire and develop a team, and if automation is the first thing that comes to mind when solving a problem; this position is a right fit for you.
During your first month in this role, you will:
- Discover our architecture, practices, and culture. You will work to understand our existing processes, policies, and infrastructure. Then, you will work closely with our VP of Engineering to develop a plan to address the shortcomings in our systems.
- Start getting your hands dirty with automation. You will start creating fundamental systems that will support Boundless’ growth as a company. Some of the potential projects we will be expecting you to lead throughout your first year include building out laptop management and provisioning infrastructure, disengaging from an IT MSP provider, and tool access management.
Within three months, you will:
- Executing on IT projects. You will switch to a more proactive role as you understand our systems and our needs. You will form relationships with other leaders (HR, growth, customer success) in the company to learn about their objectives and build plans to help them achieve their goals and then execute on those plans. You will become the go to person for anything related to IT for Boundless.
- Start developing our IT team. Inline with the projects we would like to tackle, you will identify the team members we need to hire and you will own the hiring process for your team.
Within a year, you will:
- Help create a roadmap for IT. You will be part of our quarterly planning sessions and inline with company objectives, you will develop and own OKRs for Boundless IT. You will work with your peers in Boundless affiliates to make sure our IT roadmaps are aligned.
- Extend your impact to security and infrastructure. You will partner with our engineering team to extend your impact beyond the more traditional space covered by IT into security and infrastructure for our platform.
About this position:
- 5 years experience both technically and with leading an IT function from the ground up.
- We have a mostly-Apple platform and 100% of our tools and data is in the cloud. In this role, you will be hands-on with implementing tools and automation, and you will be building and managing a team over time.
- Knowledge of tools available to solve IT problems and industry best practices is essential.
- Current technologies in use include: Okta, GSuite, JAMF, Adobe, Aircall, Front, Slack, 1Password, Paylocity, and others. Experience with these is preferred but not required.
- You will work independently by supporting the entire organization and creating the future team structure.
- Here at Boundless Immigration we are an all remote workplace, with an office in Seattle and Las Vegas. Team members located across the US and in Cebu and Manila. Your schedule will be flexible, with the majority of your working hours following the Pacific Standard time zone, with the occasional need to support our teams in the Philippines.
Why work for Boundless?
Boundless offers employees the unique opportunity to grow professionally as leaders in the online immigration industry while driving positive social change. Every employee is essential to achieving our core mission of empowering every family to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly, and affordably.
We are trailblazers in the online immigration space because we aren’t constrained by convention - We think without bounds. Boundless is a place for employees who aren’t afraid to continuously try new things. We value a spirit of inquiry and look for individuals who thoughtfully ask questions and challenge ideas to move us forward, to understand the why. We encourage our employees to focus on outcomes over output and to address complex challenges with simple solutions. Boundless is all about ownership, accountability, and flexibility in how we approach our individual company roles, and the industry as a whole.