Own the end-to-end design process—from blue sky design exploration to UX designs to polished UI designs to working with engineers and PMs to implement a flawless experience.
Create concepts, wireframes, and deliver high-quality designs/prototypes through testing, experimentation, and development.
Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering and product to craft thorough experiences that are a joy to use.
Look for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the customer’s point of view, market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design.
Work iteratively with emphasis on learning fast, taking action, reacting quickly to new information, and focusing on results.
Think about the entire system, providing solutions that better the entire customer experience, not only the feature.
Define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback.
Anticipate design problems and decisions and recommends alternatives.
Follow an existing design system, with the latitude to push it further.
Constantly bring new and impactful ideas and improve the design quality at Educative.
Help with hiring new designers to help build the design team and provide constructive feedback to fellow designers
Skills and Requirements :
- 6+ years of experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer, or UI Designer ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software.
- A design degree in VCD, UX, Fine Arts, Interaction Design, or CS with a focus on HCI, or relevant experience.
- Excellent eye for visual design with the ability to help fellow designers with it.
- Flexibility and openness to the iterative design process – constantly sketching, validating with data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing.
- Excellent documentation, presentation, and communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision and rationale through verbal and written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with other teams and designers.
- Experience managing and scaling design systems for complex products.
- A versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and visual design skills.
- Proficiency with design software like Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.