Shipium is on a mission to solve the ‘Prime problem’ that modern retailers face today—how to make fast, free and on-time delivery promises a cornerstone of the customer’s shopping experience. We’re building tech that connects previously fragmented systems and automates complex supply chain decisions to deliver speed and value across operations.
Shipium was founded in 2019 by supply chain leaders from Amazon and Zulily, and recently raised the largest Series A in logistics tech history backed by world-class investors like Insight Partners, Trilogy Ventures, and Pioneer Square Labs.
What you’ll do
After closing the largest Series A in logistics tech history in April, we are expanding. This is an opportunity to get in on a product's ground floor and be part of defining a team’s culture and company culture.
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for relentlessly evangelizing your product across the company. Shipium is a start-up company. We are looking for Product Managers that thrive in a start-up setting.
- Own your Product & its lifecycle, and be in the driver's seat.
- Define the vision of your product, and own the “What” & “Why.”
- Build, evolve, and manage a product roadmap from scratch.
- Be a great teammate with a hands-on, passionate, humble, and collaborative approach.
- Communicate, both verbal and written, across the organization and external to the organization.
- Feature definition, especially for Engineering.
- Manage product tradeoffs.
- Deep understanding of Shipium’s market and segmentation.
- Manage information on your Product across the organization: Engineering, Marketing, Design, Implementation, and Legal.
- Draft persuasive arguments based on your data analysis.
- Market research: Understand your competition and relate it to your product’s roadmap.
- Influence pricing so that it is aligned with the value the market perceives.
- Influence product positioning and messaging based on the technical knowledge of the platform, market insights, and competitive differentiation.
Who you are
- A technologist — You are deeply technical to the point that you can understand systems, APIs, data flows, and the opportunities and constraints afforded by the existing ecosystem of supply chain technology.
- A strategist — You can see the big picture with clarity that allows you to influence what Shipium should be doing and why we should be doing it.
- A user-centered designer — You understand the importance of empathy and can put yourself in the shoes of the customer such that you know how to best address their situations and jobs to be done.
- A researcher — You are good at finding data sources or building your own dataset to analyze and inform decisions. Market research, customer conversations, signal synthesis, and intelligent analysis are things you love. “There is no strategy without intelligence.”
- A holistic business thinker — You will be partnering with every function in our organization, so you are adept at understanding their vocabulary, role in the business, and how to help them be successful.
- A writer — Your ability to organize thought and tell a concise story in written communications is one of the main reasons you are good at internal collaboration and external execution.
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS setting.
- 4+ years experience in product.
- Proficiency with an expert understanding of system-level technology, APIs, and data.
- Experience building and managing a roadmap
- Experience effectively gathering and communicating requirements to a software engineering team using methodology-specific artifacts.
- Experience working well with different and challenging stakeholder groups
- Have demonstrable analysis skills
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
****Although based out of Seattle, WA, Shipium is 100% remote and hiring in the following locations: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas & Washington.