About This Role
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Sr. Customer Success Manager to be the first CSM on our growing team. You will work closely with the VP of Revenue Operations (Scott Freschet) and the VP of Sales (Ken Brown) and play an instrumental role in helping our pilot schools and districts scope, plan and rollout their implementations of Alongside. This is an idea role for someone who has Customer Success experience working at an EdTech company, loves helping schools and districts implement new initiatives, cares deeply about supporting students, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
What You'll Do
- Own the implementation process of Alongside for our school and district pilot partners. You will scope the pilot implementation with our partners (Which school buildings?, Which students? Which counselors and/or staff will be involved? What is the timeline for students using the app?). You will build the rollout plan with our partners (Who’s responsible for educating students, parents, and staff? And how are they introducing them to Alongside?). And you will monitor implementations, conduct checkins, and intervene where needed (Which partners need more support? And what type of help is going to be most beneficial to our partners?).
- Act as a proactive and relentless champion for our pilot partners. You will work diligently to resolve issues and will partner with our sales, product and content teams to ensure we’re continuously building a product, a sales process, and a customer success process that is customer-centric.
- Drive high student engagement with the Alongside app for our pilot partners, and communicate their own successes across all levels of their school and district.
- Support the renewal and expansion process alongside our Sales team for all school/district partners that you support.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to build customer references, craft case studies, and co-develop resources to improve our customer experience.
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role in sales enablement, customer success, or account management
- 4+ years supporting schools and districts or working directly in them
- Comfort with Salesforce and other customer success software (Gainsight, etc.)
- Passion for helping customers solve problems leveraging technology
- Track record of achieving annual engagement, retention and expansion goals
- Ability to assess risk, identify growth opportunities, and prioritize workflows to manage a proactive customer journey for all our school/district partners
- Strong and confident written and verbal communication skills—ability to tailor tone to resonate with various audiences
- Comfortable communicating with high-level school and district administrators as well as school counselors and a talent for soothing stressed or upset partners
- Strong creative problem-solving skills to provide optimal ideas and solutions for our partners
- Able to travel as needed (3x per month) to in-person school and district meetings
Compensation will be commensurate with other early stage startup companies and will include both salary and an equity component.
If interested in the position, please send your resume.