Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
As an Enterprise Account Executive - North America/West Coast working remotely, you will manage the sales processes for a variety of different prospects. You will drive Comet’s future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Comet users. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, VP of AI, Managers of AI, and all types of Data Scientist. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client’s business model benefits from partnering with Comet. You thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
You will be the driver with our prospective clients during the sales and customer expansion process. You should be comfortable following a methodical sales process while being able to problem-solve with ease by thinking on your feet. Always curious to learn and improve the process, team, and product.
Salary range: Base $100-150k + Commission
- Build the foundation for sales in a fast-growing startup
- Join the founding team and learn about a variety of areas in our go-to-market
- Solely own the full sales cycle—from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution—for enterprise companies with deal sizes exceeding well over six-figures, sometimes seven figures
- Have worked with technical teams to help the customer achieve success
- Have been a top contributor on previous sales teams
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least $50k/year, and handling yearly quotas of $1mm+
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Comet.ml and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
Nice to haves:
- A technical background or formal data science training
- Prior experience selling to data science teams
This role will be fully remote. Also, you will be working with a global team (large presence in Tel Aviv and Europe) – so some flexibility with work hours is required.