Are you a grammarian? Do you believe that great writing matters, and that great storytelling matters even more? Are you interested in applying your skills to craft informative, engaging content for a technical audience?
If you answered, “Yes,” then read on!
As a Content Writer at Educative, you will write, edit, and publish blogs (and other long-form content) to engage and edify Educative’s growing community of software developers and engineering managers.
In this role, you will write. A lot. And in order to develop a working knowledge of the highly technical concepts you write about, you will do plenty of research to immerse yourself into the wide world of software development.
Because you will be creating informative content that is relevant to Educative’s audience AND ranks highly on search engines, there is a heavy keyword writing component to this role. That means you’ll have a great opportunity to learn and apply the latest SEO best practices.
Finally, as a foundational member of Educative’s content marketing team, you will hone your inbound marketing and content strategy skills, all while building a diverse portfolio of well-researched, highly technical writing.
Above all, you will thrive in this role if you are a passionate writer with a deep curiosity for technology and a desire to develop as a content marketer, technical writer, and storyteller.
This role is based in Pakistan and will report to Educative’s Growth Marketing Lead.
About the Role
- Write, edit, and publish useful, informative blog posts (and other long-form content) to engage software developers and engineering managers
- Brainstorm, research, and develop article topics that are highly relevant to Educative’s audience AND maximize organic traffic
- Learn and apply SEO best practices to ensure all content is keyword optimized and ranks highly on search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Shape and contribute to Educative’s content marketing strategy as an essential content creator
- Stay up to date on trends within the software development community, and become an in-house expert on Educative’s core customer personas
- Conduct competitor analysis and keyword research to help Educative stay on the cutting edge of developer learning
- Cultivate relationships with subject matter experts who may contribute to Educative’s content resources
- Investigate external publications and third-party authors for opportunities to collaborate and crosspost
- Manage content initiatives from inception to execution—then monitor outcomes and iterate to improve
- Contribute to and help maintain Educative’s content and editorial calendars
- Promote diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the software engineering community through thoughtful, accessible, empathetic content
- 1-3 years professional writing experience
- A writing-intensive academic background (e.g. B.A. in English or Journalism)
- Exceptional long-form writing and research skills (and samples to prove it)
- Ability to communicate complex, technical ideas in accessible, digestible ways
- Ability to create content strategically and intentionally for specific audiences
- Working understanding of SEO best practices (experience using SEO tools are a plus)
- Meticulous eye for detail, comfortable editing the writing of others (and your own)
- Curious, growth-minded, eager to learn
- Self-starter, takes ownership of projects
- Passion for education, learning, teaching, mentoring
- Interested in the latest trends and developments in technology and software development
- Computer programming experience (or familiarity with coding concepts) is a huge bonus
Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.