About Boundless Immigration:
We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
Since 2020, Boundless has become the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams and becoming the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential early-stage venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Emerson Collective (Laurene Powell Jobs’ foundation), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Jerry Yang, and are well-capitalized for years of growth.
About the Job:
As the Engineering Manager at Boundless, you will directly manage a team of passionate engineers responsible for core products and services at boundless. The team’s contributions have a significant impact on the success of the company and directly help thousands of immigrants.
The role would include day-to-day operations of the team, driving technical excellence, and strategic planning. You lead with empathy and help engineers grow in their careers by providing guidance and identifying and assigning the right scope of work to run an efficient team. As an early stage company, engineering managers at Boundless also help shape the company's engineering culture.
What You Will Do:
- Directly manage a team of software engineers, including day-to-day operations, goal setting, technical direction, and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of technical projects
- Hire, retain and grow engineers on the team
- Partner with the product team to build products that directly impact our customers
- Establish technical quality standards and mechanisms to measure success
- Provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced startup environment
- Lead your team through the dynamic nature of a startup and the immigration domain
What You Bring:
- 7+ years of total experience, with 3+ years of experience directly managing a team of software engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- A successful track record as a software engineer and a manager of engineers. Have hired, promoted, and performance-managed multiple engineers on your team.
- Experience architecting and building customer-facing software systems
- Demonstrated understanding and aptitude for web-based software development throughout the entire tech stack PREFERABLY
- front-end development using WordPress or any other CMS
- experienced in code versioning tools and task management tools
- abreast with testing strategies and tools for a website (i.e. accessibility, visual regression, etc.)
- Knowledgeable with SEO, web analytics, A/B testing, and site performance optimization
- Good cross-functional communication skills with experience collaborating with diverse and remote teams in the Philippines and the US
- A love of data to drive decision-making
- Flexible, nimble thinking that adapts and evolves to the dynamic nature of a startup and the immigration domain, and the ability to bring others along when plans need to change
- An empathy for the experience of immigrants and the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of families around the world
What We Offer
You will be part of a dynamic workforce in an environment where you will collaborate with the expert and elite talents in the online immigration services industry.
You can cultivate your skillfulness and dexterity amongst us as you experience a highly creative culture built on loyalty and responsibility to our partners while having a lot of fun at work.
Great company perks and benefits await you!
- Annual salary appraisal and regularization merit: We recognize great team mates and reward them for exemplary performance and dedication at work.
- Monthly attendance incentives: We believe that consistent presence enables our team mates to learn and become better providers for their customers.
- 15 PTO credits per year and 3 days off in December: We encourage our team mates to take advantage of their leave credits should they feel sick or wish to take a vacation.
- Meaningful health insurance package: We give health insurance support for you and your dependent.
- Statutorily mandated benefits: We ensure each team mate has their statutory contributions and 13th-month pay up-to-date.
- Collaborative engagement sessions and major company-wide sponsored events: We allocate a budget to cultivate engagement and fun in our work environment.