Join us to advance data science and machine learning.
Comet is accelerating the machine learning development process for data science and ML teams. From the individual data scientist tracking training runs to the enterprise team moving hundreds of models into production, Comet is the platform used by some of the most innovative builders in the industry. We started Comet to make it possible for teams to manage and optimize models across the complete ML lifecycle and achieve business value faster.
You’re welcome here
Working in Comet’s fast, dynamic startup environment is challenging and fun. We are looking for people who are customer-focused, work collaboratively, and want to be a voice in advancing Comet’s leadership in the marketplace. If you are excited about empowering technology innovators around the globe in creating world-changing machine learning models, Comet is the right place for you.
Comet is backed by more than $63 million in venture-capital funding, and we are the MLOps platform of choice for teams at Ancestry, The RealReal, Uber, WorkFusion, and Zappos. We are a remote-first company with offices in New York City (U.S.A.) and Tel-Aviv (Israel). And we’re just getting started. CRN featured Comet as one of the 10 hottest machine learning and data science startups in 2021.
Comet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics, and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Comet is seeking a talented DevOps Lead (50% Management and 50% HandsOn) to join and become part of the effort to bring DevOps culture and best practices to Comet.
The DevOps Lead will lead a small remote team that develops Automations across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil. You will build, manage, and deploy architectures using Ansible, and Kubernetes. Also, you will lead a small team of DevOps Engineers who design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that Comet engineers could then use to integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software. You will be responsible to deliver the highest level of observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and availability accordingly to requirements and by following best practices.
- A DevOps Engineer with 8+ years of experience in live production systems
- You’re passionate about automating things to make life simple
- 2+ years designing and implementing Kubernetes infrastructure
- Extensive hands-on experience building microservice architectures on Kubernetes
- Experience in building architectures and solutions on cloud environment.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (CI/CD e.g. Jenkins, Codefresh, GitHub actions)
- Hands-on experience with DevOPS tools such as Terraform, ArgoCD helm Charts, Ansible etc…
- An expert in Cloud environments especially with AWS cloud environment
- Build and maintain comet’s unique deployment options (multi cloud, on prem, bare metal)
- Quickly identify and resolve infrastructural bugs.
- Get a chance to work with virtually all aspects of our rapidly-developing infrastructure.
- Drive the success of our systems’ advancements, cooperating with the development, support and all other teams.
- Lead the DevOps team and lifecycle as well as the implementation of this process.
- Determine tools and practices needed to automate all the manual tasks for developing and deploying code and data to implement continuous deployment and continuous integration frameworks.
- Conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques which could be reused and applied to the different software development projects.
- Conduct training sessions with the juniors in the team and other groups regarding how to build processes wherein the dependencies are showcased in the code.
- Increase DevOps engineering department’s quality and standard by implementing lifecycle infrastructure solutions and documentation operations.