Shipium is on a mission to solve the ‘Prime problem’ that modern retailers face today—how to make fast, free and on-time delivery promises a cornerstone of the customer’s shopping experience. We’re building tech that connects previously fragmented systems and automates complex supply chain decisions to deliver speed and value across operations.
Shipium was founded in 2019 by supply chain leaders from Amazon and Zulily, and recently raised the largest Series A in logistics tech history backed by world-class investors like Insight Partners, Trilogy Ventures, and Pioneer Square Labs.
We are looking for a passionate senior software engineer to work with our executive team, product managers, and other engineering teams to develop scalable microservices that can meet both the functional and scaling needs of large retail companies in the supply chain space.
You will work to develop both internal and customer-facing software that makes mission-critical decisions for some of the world’s largest retail companies as they move inventory from suppliers to warehouses to shippers to customers.
Come and join an exciting & supportive work environment at a rapidly scaling start-up!
What You'll do:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software services and libraries used by our customers to run their supply chains and customer-facing businesses.
- Work interactively with executives and PMs to figure out the right technical path to solve customer problems.
- Document systems and code for use by other engineers on the team using models and diagrams.
- Unit test and load test software that you have built to make sure it is correct and meets the performance and scale needs of our customers.
- Debug production issues and get our customers back up and shipping.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects; work cross-functionally across engineering teams, with product management, and others.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Understand, seek clarity on requirements and design, develop code with high quality.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed; analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Participate in software design meetings and project meetings to give timely updates highlighting progress, risks and issues.
- Consult internally to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs; provide proactive support for production systems or customer-facing issues.
- Follow engineering best-practices in SDLC.
- Drive Engineering best practices, give technical recommendations on challenging problems.
- Mentor and train engineers; participate in the hiring process.
- Help to lead in the prioritization, planning, and accomplishing effective trade offs.
Technologies & Techniques
- Willingness to learn about a new space and new ways of approaching it!
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Solid Java background, bonus for optimizing long-running REST services.
- Solid unit testing experience.
- Experience with processing both streaming and batch data.
- Experience with Relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems is a big bonus
- We expect 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience for senior software engineer candidates.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field is required for this role.
Salary Range: $145,000 to $167,500 annually, commensurate with experience.
At Shipium, Employees enjoy full medical, dental & vision coverage (with 50% coverage for dependents), optional life insurance and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, fully remote work-from-home options in 19* states, 8 paid weeks of parental leave, 12 paid holidays annually, self-managed vacation time, sick & safety leave, and coming soon - volunteer time off!
Shipium is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Shipium makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
****Although based out of Seattle, WA, Shipium is 100% remote and hiring in the following locations: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.