Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About The Role:
Remitly is hiring a Business Manager to join our team and help grow our European business. We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded individual to join our team to promote growth in our core and new corridors. This is a strategy and operations role involving planning, building, and executing initiatives across product, pricing, marketing, customer service and other departments.
You will be based in London (Remitly provides hybrid working options for its employees) and reporting to the Head of Region, EMEA.
- Strategy - you will define, drive and execute the business strategy to grow certain destinations from customers sending from Europe (e.g customers located in Europe that send money to African or Asian countries); focusing both in terms of driving customer acquisition and retention. The candidate will focus on customer trends, competition as well as specific corridor dynamics.
- Business Management - you will work with your manager to translate regional strategy into specific corridor goals for required actions across marketing, product, analytics and customer service. You will also work a number of X-regional business management projects to meet broader goals within the International and global Remitly business
- Marketing - in partnership with the marketing team, you will help create, execute, and analyse regional marketing initiatives.
- Analytics - through collaboration with the analytics team, you will promote complex customer and market analysis to obtain insights and develop executional plans across marketing, product, customer service, and other teams
- P&L - you will closely monitor customer funnel conversion and department metrics / goals within the International organization.
- Be a Partner - you will be a champion of regional/corridor related activities and plans. You’ll be an active member of the Remitly International team and will share best practices, collaborate, and support work areas in other regions and departments.
- Business Development - you will work closely with your manager to develop new business opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- 2-3+ years experience in a dynamic and/or fast-growing tech company (likely within a strategy / operations / marketing role) and/or within strategy consulting.
- Expert in Excel and in building high-quality materials (documents and presentations) for senior stakeholders.
- Embraces a test-and-learn, data-driven culture.
- Ability to quickly understand drivers and mechanics for high transaction volume businesses.
- Extremely self-motivated and curious - desire to understand the Remitly customer, and translate these learnings into strategies.
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python) is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of some key immigrant receive markets from Europe (e.g India, Pakistan, Philippines, Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, China, Romania, Turkey etc) is preferred but not required.
- Bonus if the candidate speaks any of the following languages: French, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Romanian, Chinese.
- Unlimited paid time off, subject to approval
- Great compensation package
- Health insurance
- Commuter benefit
- Learn and development benefits (3000+ free online courses available)
- Corridor Travel Benefit Reimbursement
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.